1. Show up with the intent to meditate. Set a timer or pick a piece of music or other audio that is as long you’d like your meditation to be.
2. Find a nice space to sit or lie down and give your body permission to become still and just be.
3. Softly let your eyes close.
4. Tune into your breath, specifically the feeling of breathing.
5. Become fully awake to the events of this moment–the feeling of breathing, sounds, thoughts, emotions, sensations, memories, fantasies–be fully present for everything that is happening in real time, right now.
6. Become the compassionate watcher, the kind witness to the events of this exact, unique moment in your life.
7. Breathe, be awake and see what happens. Be very friendly to all events as they arise. Stay open to insights. Resist the urge to name, explain or judge events or experiences as “good” or “bad”.
8. The last moments of your meditation are an ideal time to pray, set an intention, ask a question or practice gratitude.
9. When your timer rings or your music ends, open your eyes.
10. Enjoy the fruits of your practice. Stay still for a little bit and perceive the world around you in a new way.
WELL DONE! Ready for more? Check out YOU ARE MAGIC, the friendly 36-page handbook with all kinds of lovely info. to get you fired up about your meditation practice.